EASA Private Pilot Licence
- 25 hours dual instruction
- 10 hours supervised solo flight time to include:
- 5 hours solo cross country flight time to include one cross-country flight of at least 270km (150nm), during which full stop landings at two different aerodromes which must in turn be different from the aerodrome of departure.
- A skill test with one of our in-house examiners
Groundschool and Exams
The nine multiple choice examinations to be passed are in the following subjects:
- Air Law
- Human Performance
- Principles of Flight
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Aircraft General Knowledge
The Skill Test
There is no time limit on the flying course, although it is beneficial to complete the training in a shorter rather than a longer timescale. Most people take around 12 months to complete, although under favourable circumstances it can be completed in a much shorter time scale.
The Surrey and Kent EASA PPL Package includes the following :-
45 Hours Dual Training
9 Ground Examinations
RT Practical Examination
Skill Test Flight Fee
Four Instruction Manuals
1. Club Membership for 12 months is included.
2. Navigation equipment includes :- Log Book, Flight Computer, Checklist, Ruler, Scale, Pens and Map.
3. Exam fees are subject to change under EASA requirements and a surcharge may be levied when necessary.
4. An initial payment of £1000 is required and the account must be kept in credit to receive the discounted rate.
5. Prices are subject to a variable fuel surcharge.Rates are based on tachometer time and, as such, many vary per hour.
6. Landing and Touch & Go Fees are not included in the package.
Surrey and Kent Flying Club is registered with the UK Civil Aviation Authority to conduct training
for the Private Pilot Licence in accordance with EASA-FCL1.125 at Biggin Hill Airport.